Tripod Easel part 2

Back in December I posted my tripod experiment for an upcoming watercolour workshop. I said I would post a follow up on how the easel performed.

It was very successful for that workshop but I wanted to make it more portable with less pieces to put together.

So here is what I did. I cut down the platform that attaches to the tripod so it would fit onto my sketch folder for carrying. Now I can open my sketch folder and clip to the platform. I eliminated the tray for holding my paints and water. I can now just clip the watercolour tray on to my open sketch folder as shown in photos. I can also clip a water cup. It’s so much more portable now.


This was the first prototype.

These are photos of my final (maybe) design.